Individual Counseling: Individual therapy is provided by therapists whom specialize in anxiety, depression and the psychological spectrum of eating disorders. Goals of treatment include building skills to regulate emotions, understanding and resolving underlying issues that contributed to the development of eating disorders, building healthier relationships, improving self worth, gaining ability to utilize effective coping strategies and reducing fear. Clients will then be equipped to deal with emotions and if applicable, work on returning to normal eating patterns. During the assessment process the therapist and the client will discuss additional services as listed below that may be an important part of the treatment plan.
Group Counseling - "Discovery": Group experience is a beneficial addition to treatment. It offers individuals the opportunity to discuss their struggles with others who are experiencing similar issues. Below are the group experiences we offer at Center of Hope:
- Encountering Life Competently This 4-week experience will teach individuals how to build skills necessary to cope more effectively using DBT based strategies, including mindfulness. This group is ideal for any individuals who are struggling with intense emotions & unhealthy coping strategies.
- Breakaway - This section of Discovery will focus on the reduction of shame and fear that underlies Eating Disorders. Group members will continue to work on skill building, along with developing more rational thought patterns and a stronger support network.
- Feelings not Food Group- This section is intended to free people from disordered patterns of avoiding, numbing & coping with emotions via food. Participants will work on identifying and processing feelings effectively, resulting in gaining control over emotional eating.
- Finding your inner Champion - This section focuses on cultivating acceptance and gratitude for ourselves and our bodies. The goal of this group is to begin the journey of transforming our “inner critic” to our “inner champion”.
Yoga - Center of Hope Counseling is proud to now offer mindfully based Yoga sessions which are an excellent addition to individual counseling and gives the opportunity to practice self love, mindfulness, and grounding techniques. These small group yoga experiences will be lead by Courtney, Kelsey & Francesca, who are experienced mindfully based yoga instructors.
- Saturday Morning Class 11 AM - 12PM; Journey through this practice building from the ground up using Pranayama (breath work) and soft yet strong movement to explore your complete wholeness. Finding peace and acceptance within yourself. You will experience postures that will allow you to feel like a strong warrior, but allow you to release and let go of what does not serve you.
- Personal Yoga classes will be available upon request - contact us for more info!
Dietetic Services: Although many eating disorder clients are their own "experts" when it comes to calories and food information, dietetic services are an important addition to treatment as a whole. Our program refers to Registered Dietitian, Kati Mora, to provide dietetic services for our clients whom provides services. For more information please contact Kati Mora at (989) 400-1478 or visit her website at: katimora.com
Medical Professionals: To ensure holistic treatment, clients may be referred to a medical professional to address needs in the areas of: physical health, medication, biological history, etc. Although this area does not have a medical facility that specializes in eating disorders, referrals will be made as appropriate to trusted and reputable professionals in the area that have experience in working with anxiety, depression, mood disorders and/or eating disorders.
Case Consultation: To ensure effective treatment, the treatment team as mentioned above will hold regular consultation meetings. A comprehensive approach is necessary to foster recovery